Mission and Objectives
IDA Foundation aims at becoming Argentina's groundbreaking institution in design heritage management and administration.
The creation of broad social awareness about the value of national design legacy encompasses: the protection of cultural assets, encouraging public recognition, the democratization of knowledge, the production of new content, and the development of the discipline.
- Research the different variations of design, since its first manifestations up to date.
- Identify emblematic cases and new topics of interest.
- Explore diverse professional, institutional, and entrepreneurial documentary sources in Argentina and abroad.
- Analyze the role of design in national development and discern its local traits in different regions of the country, as well as their connections to international manifestations.
- Recover assets from detected sources.
- Preserve and restore documents, pieces, and objects to avoid their degradation.
- Organize and classify content in conformity with accessibility matrixes.
- Launch a public access virtual platform with Argentine design related data.
- Create a network with other document centers in order to complement the available information in each field of the discipline.
- Enable the temporary circulation of cultural assets nationally and internationally to foster public appreciation.
- Handle the collection and operate a multi-functional space that will enable the project's efficient consecution.
- Create an integral system for the management of cultural assets that will encourage the constant expansion of collections.
- Manage economic, material, and human resources in order to achieve a long-lasting, sustainable and affordable project based in Argentina.